The laboratory of Molecular Virology and Immunology (VIM-UR892) studies pathogens affecting farm animals.
Our research activities range from the molecular characterization of pathogens to host-defense mechanisms.
We are mainly interested in respiratory viruses in mammals and birds, fish viruses and bacteria, and non-conventional agents such as prions.
We study host-pathogen interactions in target species (swine, cattle, sheep, trout) or model species (mice, zebra fish).
1) Structure and expression of pathogen genomes
2) Structure-function relationships of macro-molecular complexes
3) Virulence-pathogenicity factors and escape from host defenses
4) Plasticity of host responses during evolution and development
5) Fighting strategies: vaccination and therapeutical approaches
The laboratory is organised around three main fields of interest:
Director: Bernard Delmas
Co-Director: Sabine Riffault
Centre de Recherche de Jouy-en-Josas
F-78352 Jouy-en-Josas cedex