ISO 9001-2008 certification
• All of the Animal Genetics division activities relating to bovine genetic evaluations are ISO9001 certified.
• This certification is based on tools developed to improve our collaborative work. These tools are controlled and improved through procedures for the management of documents, recordings and non-compliant practices, corrective and preventive actions, and internal audits assessing quality.
The Animal Genetics division is committed to the following:
- Technical quality of our services
- Improving communication with our clients
- Capacity to offer a complete integrated solution, from data storage to genetic evaluation
- Continous search for technological excellence in "Genetic Evaluation" activities
Our organisation involves four functional processes:
- EVOLUTION OF BOVINE GENETIC EVALUATION SOFTWARE: creation of new chains for genetic evaluation, development of new statistical methods and modification of the existing ones.
- PERFORMANCE OF BOVINE GENETIC EVALUATIONS: calculation of official French indexes, for professional breeding organisations and breeders.
- STORAGE AND VALORISATION OF THE GENETIC INFORMATION SYSTEM (SIG): input into national databases according to genetic evaluation and community needs, exchanging information among regional computing sites and making this information available to national users.
- MAKING COMPUTING TOOLS AVAILABLE: access is given to calculation servers, software and databases to the staff of the Institut d'Elevage (French Breeding Institute) so that they fulfil their role as defined in the Agricultural Framework Act (LOA) within the framework of genetic evaluations.
and three supporting processes:
- MANAGEMENT OF COMPUTING INFRASTRUCTURES, i.e. servers (material and software), data storage solutions, networks, telecommunications and environment in relation with the material.
- SECURING AND OPTIMISING COMPUTING PRODUCTION, i.e. access and data security and management of production environments.
- CONTINUOUS CONTROLS AND IMPROVEMENT, i.e. internal and external audits, reviews on the processing and direction, corrections, etc... These procedures organize and drive all the activities towards satisfying all of our clients' expectations.
The ISO 9001 certificat was renewed the 16/4/2015 under number 262071139992